- Gaon Burah's Certificate/Ward Commissioner's Certificate in respect of Municipality/Town Committee areas
- Doctor's Certificate regarding Birth
- School Certificate/Admit Card (for age 6 and above)
- Affidavit duly signed by the Magistrate if delayed for more than one year
- Other Documents (if any)
- 1966 Voter list along with Linkage Certificate
- L/R Receipt (Upto date)/Electricity bill/Other documents
If a birth isn't registered with Vital Registration within the one year, then a normal certificate may not be filed for that birth. Instead a special type of birth certificate is placed on file. This type of certificate not only shows the facts of birth for the child but also shows the types of evidence presented to Vital Registration to back up the facts of birth. The facts of birth are
- The Full Name of the Person at the Time of Birth
- Date of birth
- Place of Birth (City and State)
- Mother's Full Maiden Name
- Mother's Place of Birth (at least State or country)
- Full Name of the Father
- Father's Place of Birth (at least State or country)
Note About the Name: If the name of the person on the birth certificate was established by adoption, legitimation, paternity acknowledgment or court action, the the delayed certificate will show that name (provided that the proper documentation is submitted.). Note about Fathers: If the mother was not married to the father at the time of the birth, or during the ten months before the birth. In this case the father can only be added if paternity as been determined by legitimation, adoption, or an acknowledgment of paternity (provided that the proper documentation is provided.) Registration of Birth in India is mandatory after the enactment of Registration of Birth and Deaths Act, 1969.In Assam, the Registration of Births & Deaths Rules, 1978 framed by the Health Department under the various provisions of RBD Act, 1969.These Rules are implemented throughout Assam with effect from 01-04-1978.
Applicant should be citizen of India.
The application should include the following documents:
- Hospital Govt. / Pvt. Certificate regarding Birth or Age Proof (any)
- School Certificate/Admit Card (for age 6 and above) or parent's details
- Any other document
- Scan copy of application form
- Service Charge :Rs.30/-
- Printing Charge : Rs 10/- (Not required for Senior Citizen)
- Scanning Charge : Rs 5/ per page (Not required for Senior Citizen)
Type of Service
Offline = YES
Step by step procedures to apply
- Applying for birth certificate, you require an application form. The application form is available to the registrar office of Birth and Death. Or you can also download the application form from the official portal of Government of Assam.
- Downloading application form of delayed birth certificate, click on the Online Service >> Download E – Forms >> Delayed Birth Certificate application form.
- Take print of application form and put the details in the application form. All the details in application are to be correct and true.
- Affix the entire required and relevant document with application form.
- After completing all the above procedures, submit the application form along with all required documents. Do not forget to take receipt after submission of application form.
- After certain verification, the concerned will approve your application and you will receive your certificate.
Whom to contact
Certificate branch o/o the Deputy Commissioner, Majuli, Assam.