- Death Certificate of the deceased person
- Valid documents showing relationship with the deceased person
- Self Declaration Affidavit
- Scan copy of application form
This citizen centric service is accessible to the common citizens in his locality through Internet, Common Service Centres “Arunodoy Kendra” and Public Facilitation Centres (PFCs) at DC, SDO & Circle Offices. Citizens at Village-level can access the service through CSCs. This certificate is dully digitally signed and can be verified online at http://edistrict.assam.gov.in/ .
- Applicant should be citizen of India.
- Applicant should be Wife/ Husband/ Mother/ Father/ Daughter/ Son/ Brother/ Sister /Uncle /Auntie / Nephew/ Niece of the deceased person.
The application should include the following documents:
- Death Certificate of the deceased person.
- Valid documents showing relationship with the deceased person.
- Self declaration Affidavit.
- Upto date land revenue paid receipt for 3(three) years.
Type of Service
Step by step procedures to apply
- After receiving the application along with all the required documents the Designated Public Servant will forward the application within 5 (five) working days to the concerned Circle Officer for his report.
- The Circle Officer will submit his report within 20 (twenty) working days from the date of receiving the application from the office of DC/SDO (Civil) after verifying the details of the family members of the deceased person through field verification.
- The designated Public Servant will issue/reject the Certificate based on the report of concerned Circle Officer within 5 (five) days from the date of receipt of the report .The whole process of issuing the Next of Kin(s) Certificate will take a maximum of 30(thirty) working days.
Whom to contact
Administration branch o/o the Deputy Commissioner, Majuli, Assam.